Moving your family is difficult. Moving your family with littles can be down right challenging. Between diaper changes and feedings, when will you have time to pack? How are you supposed to pack up a nursery and be without it days in advance?
Here are a few things past clients have done when moving their young family:
- Involve them. Have a toddler that wants to do everything you do? Great! Have them help. While it may take you longer (honey, we already put that toy in the box, don’t take it back out!), involving them will help them feel important to the process.
- Stay at a friends or relatives. Take your essentials and your littles to grandma’s or a trusted friends place. Getting out of the house the week leading up to the move will allow you to pack boxes without them getting unpacked by a toddler or dancing between boxes while holding a newborn (bonus points if they will babysit).
- Hire Mulder’s Moving and Storage to pack for you. Let our professionals pack up your place. They are careful and efficient – taking only days to pack what often will take weeks for a homeowner to pack. The less time spent living out of boxes (and back to a normal routine), the better.
- Secure a sitter for move day. This will ensure that the littles are safe and attended to while your attention is on the move. Our crew is going to need direction on where you want boxes in your destination. Think about having the pets cared for off-site, too!
- Pack snacks. Keep a tote of snacks handy. Grumbling bellies make grumbling children. Whether you are in route to the destination or unpacking after the movers have left, you will want to know exactly where those stomach-pleasers are!