Making sure your move goes as smoothly as possible starts with packing. Here at Mulder’s Moving & Storage, we offer a full-service packing option. However, for those who would prefer to do it themselves here are a few helpful packing tips to help you get started.
- Clear out the clutter – Getting rid of any unnecessary items before packing will make it much easier to box everything up for your move.
- Stock up on supplies – For our local clients we do offer used packing material free of charge. While we cannot always guarantee the material will be available, this is a great option for those on a budget!
- Clean out your pantry and fridge – Mulder’s is a proud partner of Move for Hunger. We will take any of your unwanted non-perishable items to Loaves and Fishes here in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
- Pack one room at a time – Packing may seem overwhelming but by taking it one step at a time, it becomes a much more manageable process.
- Label, Label, Label – If you label every box clearly while packing, it will make it easier to place them in the correct rooms in your new home. Overall, clearly labeled boxes make the entire unpacking process easier.
- Use the right box for the job – Use smaller boxes for heavier items like books, and larger boxes for lighter, bulky items like bedding and towels.
We hope these packing tips will help you to have your most successful move ever. Mulder’s Moving & Storage is your expert residential and commercial mover in Southwest Michigan. Providing each and every customer with excellence is our goal. Trust your local, family-owned and operated, company for all your moving needs!
Have questions? We are happy to answer them! Give us a call or fill out our contact form today. We look forward to hearing from you!