Pretty much all items in storage will benefit from climate control. Temperature and humidity are important factors as they work together to create moisture. When these elements are controlled carefully, moisture is minimized and therefore unable to damage your stored items.
There are some items that absolutely require climate-controlled storage.
- Furniture and other items made out of or containing wood, metal, wicker, leather, or upholstery
- Electronics and media (DVDs, videos, vinyl records, etc.)
- Clothing (particularly if it’s lace or leather, or if it’s going to be stored in bags)
- Important documents and photographs
- Musical instruments
- Wine or other liquid collections
- Antiques and collectibles (stamps, coins, comic books, etc.)
- Medical supplies and medications
- Makeup and toiletries
- Household appliances
- Sports equipment
- Bicycles with leather seats
Mulder’s Moving and Storage has a large, climate-controlled warehouse to store your items in. Whether you need storage for a few weeks or a few years, you can feel confident leaving them stored in our warehouse. Our storage facility is located in Kalamazoo, Michigan to better serve the Southwest Michigan area.
One thing to note is that our warehouse is secure and not customer facing – only staff is allowed in the warehouse. While this does mean that you cannot generally access your storage items while being stored (unless specific arrangements are made), you can rest easy knowing your items are safe and secure.
Fill out an estimate form or give us a call to get a quote on your storage needs!